Are Illinois arrest records public?

Illinois Public Records The act specifies that all records, documents, and information produced by a government or law enforcement agency is presumed public and available to all U.S. citizens.

Are mugshots public record in Illinois?

Mugshots are the property of the government. They are a part of the public record. Most mugshots are released by state law enforcement agencies. They must be made available to the media.

How do I find an inmate in Livingston County Jail?

How to Find Someone in Livingston County Jail. You can acquire information about inmates through the jails search page on their official website. If you can’t get the information you seek on these sites, you can call the Livingston County Jail at 517-546-2445 or send a fax to 517-546-2445.

Who is the Livingston County Sheriff?

Sheriff Thomas J. Dougherty
There have been 50 Sheriffs to serve the County of Livingston to date, with Sheriff Thomas J. Dougherty currently serving in the position since 2014. The headquarters of the Sheriff’s Office is located in Geneseo, NY.

How do I look up arrest records in Illinois?

To obtain these public records, visit the state records website by typing in “Illinois State Records.” Next, type in the person’s name and city to conduct a free background check.

How do I look up a case in Illinois?

How do I find a court record in person?

  1. Go to the Clerk’s office at the courthouse where the court case was filed, see the Illinois Court’s website.
  2. Give the Clerk the case number and ask to see the case file; or if you do not know the case number, most clerks have computers to search by name.

What district is Livingston County in?

Michigan’s 8th District U.S. Representative Elissa Slotkin is proud to serve the people of the 8th Congressional District of Michigan, a district that spans Ingham, Livingston, and North Oakland counties.

How do I send money to an inmate at Livingston County Jail?

Family and friends can also send gift packages to inmates through our commissary vendor by going to or calling 1-800-546-6283. Funds At Time of Release: Account balances at the time of release are returned to the inmate via debit card.