How can we reduce fluid friction?
Methods of reducing fluid friction The fluid friction or drag can be reduced are minimised by giving special shape called streamlined shape to the objects which Move through fluids like air or water .
What are 2 common examples of fluid friction?
- Air pushing against your hand when you stick it out the window of a car (external)
- Water pushing against a swimmer’s body as they move through it (external)
- The movement of your coffee as you stir it with a spoon (external)
- Sucking water through a straw (internal)
- Submarine moving through water (external)
What are 3 ways friction can be reduced?
Methods for Reduction friction:
- Make the surfaces little more smoother.
- Lubrication is another way to make a surface smoother.
- Make the object more streamlined.
- Reduce the Normal force acting between the surfaces in contact.
- Reduce the contact between the surfaces, so that less number of bonds will be formed.
Can you reduce friction?
By polishing the surface, as polishing makes the surface smooth and friction can be reduced. Using lubricants such as oil or grease can reduce the friction between the surfaces. When objects are rolled over the surface, the friction between the rolled object and surface can be reduced by using ball bearings.
How can we reduce friction to make thing move more easily?
In some cases we want to prevent friction so it’s easier to move.
- A good example of this is a ball or wheel. They roll to help reduce friction.
- Another way to reduce friction is with a lubricant like grease or oil.
- A third way to reduce friction is with less surface area.
What do you mean by fluid friction How can fluid friction be reduced Class 8?
Fluid friction is reduced by streamlining shape of vehicle. This is done by making it pointed from front like a bird. Also wings are provided in case of aeroplane. This help in reducing air resistance and increasing speed and efficiency of object.
What is reducing friction?
Friction can be reduced by. Polishing the rough surface. Oiling or lubricating with graphite or grease the moving parts of a machine. Providing all bearings or wheels between the moving parts of a machine or vehicles reduce friction and allow smooth movement as rolling friction is less than sliding friction.
Which methods reduce friction Brainly?
- Friction can be reduced by making the surface smooth by polishing.
- Friction can be reduced by applying lubricants (like oil or grease) to the rubbing surface.
- Friction can be reduced by using wheels to move objects.
- Friction can be reduced by using ball bearing between the moving parts of machine.
What are 10 ways to reduce friction?
Which of the following can reduce the friction?
Answer: bro oil and. grease reduce the friction.
What is fluid friction Name any two factors which affect fluid friction suggest any two methods to reduce it?
Answer: Viscosity of the fluid, how smooth the surface of the solid object is, and the shape of the object are factors in changing fluid friction. By decreasing fluid friction you can make it easier to move objects through a fluid, while increasing friction if often used to slow down motion or to stop a moving object.
What are 3 ways to reduce friction?