How do I contact South Carolina Department of Revenue?
Important Phone Numbers
- General Information. For general information contact us at 1-877-252-3052.
- Individual Income Tax Refund Inquiry. If you have a tax refund inquiry, contact us at 1-877-252-4052.
- Electronic Services. For help with electronic services contact us at 1-877-308-9103.
- Excise Tax.
How do I find out how much I owe SC taxes?
The website will include the “date and time the lien is available to the public on the Internet, the name of the taxpayer, and the amount of tax and penalties,” the law states. The database will be available on https://dor.sc.gov/.
How do I find my NCDOR ID?
If the system is able to complete the registration process, a confirmation number and the issued account ID number will display on the page along with the name of your business. A notice that includes your account ID number will also be mailed to you within five business days.
Can you pay sc taxes online?
Paying on MyDORWAY, the SCDOR’s free and secure online tax portal, at dor.sc.gov/pay is our preferred payment method. You can make payments using a credit card or electronic check (ACH Debit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal).
Why do I owe sc state taxes?
SC taxes your income earned from any source while you are a SC resident. So, even though your income was not earned in SC, if you had income while you were a SC resident then you may owe SC income tax.
What is the income tax in SC?
South Carolina accepts the adjustments, exemptions and deductions allowed on your federal tax return with few modifications. Your federal taxable income is the starting point in determining your state income tax liability. Individual income tax rates range from 0% to a top rate of 7% on taxable income.
How do I pay my sc taxes?
- Paying on MyDORWAY, the SCDOR’s free and secure online tax portal, at dor.sc.gov/pay is our preferred payment method.
- You can make payments using a credit card or electronic check (ACH Debit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal).
How do I pay my sc state taxes?
Pay now on MyDORWAY using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or checking or savings account. If you plan to file by paper, check the ACH Debit box on line 36 and enter your banking information on line 37 of the SC1040, and we’ll automatically withdraw the payment from your account.