How do I enable vaai on NetApp?
- Enable VMware vStorage for NFS:
- Verify that VAAI is enabled on each ESXi host.
- Download the NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI:
- Reboot the ESXi host to complete the installation.
- Verify that the plug-in was successfully installed on the host at the VMware ESXi command line: esxcli software vib list | more.
What is NetApp vaai?
The NetApp Plug-in for VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) is a software library that integrates the VMware Virtual Disk Libraries that are installed on the ESXi host. The VMware VAAI package enables the offloading of certain tasks from the physical hosts to the storage array.
What is NetApp SVC?
VSC is a vCenter Server plug-in that integrates with SnapCenter to provide backup, recovery, and cloning operation support. It supports VMware virtual machines (VMs) that are using NetApp storage systems running clustered Data ONTAP 8.2. This allows backup and restore operations to be less complicated.
What is vaai VMware?
VMware vSphere Storage APIs “ Array Integration (VAAI), also referred to as hardware acceleration or hardware offload APIs, are a set of APIs to enable communication between VMware vSphere ESXi hosts and storage devices.
How do I find my NetApp VSC version?
You can see the version of the plug-in from the MOB. The mob is https://”vcenter IP or host”/mob. Enter administrator credentials. Click on “content” in the value column of properties.
How do I check my VSC version?
- Open up vsc ( visual-studio-code )
- click Help tap on top menu.
- click about at bottom of drop down menu.
- Version number and year are visible there.
Is vaai enabled?
How do I know if VAAI is enabled? To determine if VAAI is enabled using the vSphere Client: In the vSphere Client inventory panel, click the host. Click the Configuration tab, then click Advanced Settings under Software.
Which features are provided by the VAAI Plugin?
ETERNUS VAAI Plug-in supports three primitive of VAAI, “Full Copy”, “Block Zeroing” and “Hardware Assisted Locking”. Using this software enables functions, previously operated using server resources, to be offloaded to the storage system.
What is NetApp VMware?
NetApp and VMware Virtualization VMware and NetApp are Global Partners that provide integrated solutions for virtual environments. The jointly engineered solution provides IT with simplified data protection, improved availability and disaster recovery, an enhanced desktop experience, and end-to-end secure solutions.
How do I find my netapp VSC version?
How do I push code from bitbucket to Visual Studio code?
The URL can be found on the Repo instruction page in Bitbucket. Then click on Create and Push. This will create a local repo and connect it to Bitbucket Repo and push your code. You may be asked to log in to Bitbucket if you are pushing your code for the first time.
How do I know if VAAI is working?
- On ESXi 5.x. To check the VAAI status, run this command: # esxcli storage core device vaai status get. You see output similar to: mpx.vmhba1:C0:T1:L0.
- On ESXi/ESX 4.x. To check the VAAI status, run this command: # esxcfg-scsidevs -l | egrep “Display Name:|VAAI Status:” You see output similar to: