How do I get a list of tables in Informix?
Informix iSQL has a command ” info tables; ” that shows all tables.
How do you describe all tables in a database?
You can use INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS to describe all tables in database through a single statement.
How do I find my Informix database name?
You can use the ‘dbname’ option to retrieve the name of the current database. This option returns the identifier of the database to which the client session is currently connected.
How do you view the definition of a table in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, select the table for which you want to show properties.
- Right-click the table and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. For more information, see Table Properties – SSMS.
How do you describe a table in SQL?
SQL Server: sp_help table_name (or sp_columns table_name for only columns) Oracle DB2: desc table_name or describe table_name. MySQL: describe table_name (or show columns from table_name for only columns)
How do you describe all tables in a schema?
Provides a decription of the specified table or view. For a list of tables in the current schema, use the Show Tables command. For a list of views in the current schema, use the Show Views command. For a list of available schemas, use the Show Schemas command.
What is a DB statement?
A statement is any text that the database engine recognizes as a valid command. As of SQL-92 : An SQL-statement is a string of characters that conforms to the format and syntax rules specified in this international standard. A query is a statement that returns a recordset (possibly empty).
How do you view table definition?
How do I find the description of a column in SQL Server?
About sys. columns
- Name: The name of the column.
- Object_id: object_id is unique identifier for the table in which the column exists.
- Column_id: ID of the column.
- user_type_id: System code for column data type.
- max_length: Maximum length (in bytes) of the column.
- is_nullable: 1 if column is nullable.