How do I get an internship at CMI?
How to apply for internships at CMI
- CMI does not take interns during the winter vacation.
- For internships during the summer vacation, fill out your details in this online form.
- For longer internships during the semester, please send email to individual faculty members directly, depending on your area of interest.
How can I join Math Institute in Chennai?
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.)
- B.Sc. (Hons.)
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in computer science.
Is Chennai Mathematical Institute government or private?
CMI is managed by a Governing Council consisting of eminent persons. Today, CMI is a rare example of public-private partnership in research and education in India. The Institute receives major private funding, side by side with substantial financial support from the Government of India.
How many students are selected in CMI?
Placements: The CMI entrance exam is conducted around July, and on average of about 10,000 students write this exam. The exam is difficult, and about 100 students were selected for admission.
Is CMI a good college?
“CMI is one of the finest college in India for BSc and also MSc in mathematics. Not only that it also provides degree in Computer Science or Physics also according to students choice. The faculties here are too good. Students are admitted here by entrance exam,so the quality of studies here is very good.
How do you pass the CMI entrance exam?
CMI Entrance Exam 2022 Preparation Strategy
- Make a preparation plan and organise study material.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Gather books and question papers.
- Practise mock papers and revise thoroughly.
How many seats are there in Chennai Math Institute?
The duration period for each of the courses are 3 years. The total number of seats available are 20-30 seats for each courses.
Is CMI better than ISI?
ANSWER (1) Theoretical and Applied Computer Science courses are more advanced in CMI compared to ISI. But, at least the computer Science course structure at CMI is very well organized. So, I will conclude my answer by saying that if you are not from Olympiad background then Maths is a better option for you.
Is CMI exam online?
Step 1: Apply for CMI Exam 2022 – Candidates have to apply for the CMI entrance exam in online or offline mode as under: To apply online, candidates have to visit the official website of CMI. To apply in offline mode, candidates have to request for ‘offline application’ from the institute.
What is the level of CMI entrance exam?
National Level Exam
CMI Entrance Exam 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Chennai Mathematical Institute Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Chennai Mathematical Institute|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|