How do I register my employer for unemployment in California?

Register With the Employment Development Department To register online, use the EDD’s e-Services for Business. If you register online you should be assigned an account number within 24 hours. To register on paper, most employers should use Form DE 1, Registration Form for Commercial Employers.

How do I get a de 2501 form?

You can get a paper Claim for Disability Insurance (DI) Benefits (DE 2501) form by:

  1. Ordering a form online to have it mailed to you.
  2. Getting the form from your physician/practitioner or employer.
  3. Visiting an SDI Office.
  4. Calling 1-800-480-3287 to request a paper form by mail.

How do I send documents to EDD?

Submit Your Documents If you prefer to mail your documents, write your 10-digit EDD Customer Account Number (EDDCAN) clearly at the top of each page. Your EDDCAN was mailed to you on the Employment Development Department Customer Account Number Notification (DE 5614).

What documents are needed for EDD?

Photo Identification

  • State identification (ID) card.
  • Driver license.
  • US passport or passport card.
  • US military card (front and back)
  • Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
  • Permanent Resident Card.
  • Certificate of Citizenship.
  • Certificate of Naturalization.

How do I get an EDD employer number?

It’s fast, easy, and secure, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  1. Step 1 – Create a username and password. Go to e-Services for Business. Select Enroll.
  2. Step 2 – Log in to e-Services for Business. Select New Customer. Choose Register for Employer Payroll Tax Account Number.

How can an employer contact EDD?

Select one of the following options to contact the EDD….To contact a Payroll Taxes representative or to use the Automated Phone Information System:

  1. Phone: 1-888-745-3886.
  2. California Relay Service (711): Provide the Payroll Tax Assistance number (1-888-745-3886) to the operator.
  3. TTY: 1-800-547-9565.

What is a de 2500A form?

What is the Claim for Continued Disability Benefits (DE 2500A) form? If your claim is not on automatic payment, you will receive a Claim for Continued Disability Benefits (DE 2500A), also called a “continued claim certification,” every two weeks.