How do I register my WD Passport?
Always register your My Passport drive to get the latest updates and special offers. You can easily register your drive using the WD Discovery software. Another way is to register online at http://register.wdc.com. WD products are precision instruments and must be handled with care during unpacking and installation.
How do I register my WD external hard drive?
All you have to do is:
- Go to WD support portal and sign in or register an account if you don’t have one.
- Next, register your product if you haven’t done so when you first purchased it.
- Once your product is registered, go to WD Product Support and under RMA click “create”.
How do I create a WD account?
New User – Create an account
- First Name * First Name is required.
- Last Name * Last Name is required.
- Email * Email is required.
- Password * [Policy] Please enter a password. Password must contain: Minimum 8 characters atleast 1 Alphabet and 1 Number.
- Confirm Password * Your password entries did not match.
How do I register my WD My Book?
You can easily register your device using the WD Discovery software. Another way is to register online at register.wdc.com.
How do I register my passport for Mac?
You can easily register your drive using the WD Drive Utilities software, as described in “Registering the Drive” on page 21. Another way is to register online at http://register.wd.com. WD products are precision instruments and must be handled with care during unpacking and installation.
Why is my WD Passport not working Mac?
In the Finder Preferences window, click the General tab and verify whether you have selected the “External disks” checkbox under the Show these items on the desktop section. Go to the Sidebar tab and enable the “External disks” checkbox. Now, check if you could access the My Passport external disk on your Mac.
Why does my laptop not recognize my WD Passport?
If the WD Passport drive shows up, it is the damaged USB hub that stops WD from showing up. If the WD passport is not detected either on your current or the new PC, replace the WD drive with a new one.