How do I setup an FTP Server on Windows Server 2012?
Use the following steps to install FTP:
- Open the Server Manager from the taskbar.
- From the Server Manager Dashboard, click Add Roles and Features.
- From the Installation Type section, select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- The current server is selected by default.
How do I setup a local FTP Server?
Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. Once the IIS console is open, expand the local server. Right-click on Sites, and click on Add FTP Site. In the Binding and SSL Settings window, type the IP address of the server.
How do I setup an FTP home directory in Active Directory?
On the FTP User Isolation page, under Isolate users. Restrict users to the following directory:, select FTP home directory configured in Active Directory and then click Set. In the Set Credentials dialog box, enter a user name and password in the User name and Password boxes.
How do I use FTPS on Windows?
On a Windows Features window:
- Expand Internet Information Services > FTP Server and check FTP Service.
- Expand Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools and check IIS Management Console, if it is not checked yet.
- Confirm with OK button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
How do I change the default FTP port in Windows?
In the Connections pane, click the server name, and then click the Sites node. In the Sites pane, click Set FTP Site Defaults… in the Actions pane. In the Advanced Settings dialog box, expand Connections, specify your time-outs in the Control Channel Timeout and Data Channel Timeout fields, and then click OK.
How do I run FTP?
FTP—Command Prompt and Browser
- On the PC, start the command prompt window.
- In the command prompt window, type, ftp or .
- Press Enter.
- If prompted for a password, type in the password.
- At the ftp> prompt, type in the ftp command and press Enter.
- Type quit or bye to end the session.
How does FTP integrate with Active directory?
In the site’s Home pane, double-click FTP User Isolation. On the FTP User Isolation page, under Isolate users. Restrict users to the following directory:, select FTP home directory configured in Active Directory and then click Set.
How do I enable FTP on Windows 10?
Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Programs and Features. Click the Turn Windows features on or off link. Expand Internet Information Services and check the FTP Server option. Expand FTP Server and check the FTP Extensibility option.
How many ports are needed for FTP?
FTP is an unusual service in that it utilizes two ports, a ‘data’ port and a ‘command’ port (also known as the control port). Traditionally these are port 21 for the command port and port 20 for the data port.