How do you create a like table in SQL?
Use CREATE TABLE LIKE to create an empty table based on the definition of another table, including any column attributes and indexes defined in the original table: CREATE TABLE new_tbl LIKE orig_tbl; The copy is created using the same version of the table storage format as the original table.
How do you create a table in Db2?
In this syntax:
- First, specify the name of the table that you want to create. The name of the table must be unique within the schema.
- Second, specify a list of columns of the table.
- Third, specify the table constraint such as PRIMARY KEY , FOREIGN KEY and CHECK constraints.
What is a like table in Db2?
You can create a table that looks like another table. That is, you can create a table that includes all of the column definitions from an existing table. The following definitions are copied: Column names (and system column names) Data type, length, precision, and scale.
How do I create a backup table in Db2?
Try this: CREATE TABLE SCHEMA. NEW_TB LIKE SCHEMA. OLD_TB; INSERT INTO SCHEMA….Options that are not copied include:
- Check constraints.
- Column default values.
- Column comments.
- Foreign keys.
- Logged and compact option on BLOB columns.
- Distinct types.
How do you create a like table?
The first method is called Simple Cloning and as its name implies it create a table from another table without taking into account any column attributes and indexes.
- CREATE TABLE new_table SELECT * FROM original_table;
- CREATE TABLE adminUsers SELECT * FROM users;
- CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE original_table;
How do you create an empty table from an existing table in SQL?
Question: How can I create a SQL table from another table without copying any values from the old table? Answer: To do this, the SQL CREATE TABLE syntax is: CREATE TABLE new_table AS (SELECT * FROM old_table WHERE 1=2);
What is a DB2 table?
Tables are logical structures that Db2 maintains. Db2 supports several different types of tables. Tables are made up of columns and rows. The rows of a relational table have no fixed order.
How do I create a foreign key in Db2?
To add foreign keys using the Control Center:
- Expand the object tree until you see the Tables folder.
- Right-click the table you want to modify, and select Alter from the pop-up menu.
- On the Keys page, click Add.
- Select one or more columns to be foreign keys.