How do you fix Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable error Windows 7?
- Open File Explorer.
- Open the “C” drive and find the “Users” Folder.
- Find your username and right click on the “Desktop” folder. Select the “properties” option.
- Find the “Location” tab and click “Restore Default”..
- Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer to see if it fixed the error.
How do I fix Desktop location is unavailable?
Solution 2. Restore the Default Path
- Step 1: Launch File Explorer.
- Step 2: Find the “Desktop” folder, right-click it, and select “Properties”.
- Step 3: Switch to the “Location tab”.
- Step 4: Restart your PC and check if your problem is fixed on startup.
Why is a folder unavailable?
This error message usually appears when the hard drive files get damaged or corrupted. Restoring folder’s default location or recovering the data and formatting the disk would help diagnose and address this problem. Make sure to log in as the administrator.
How do I fix C :\ Windows system32 Config Systemprofile Desktop?
Fix 1: Restart your computer You are likely to run into the “C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable” error if the Windows update is not successfully installed on your PC. In this case, try restarting your computer a few times to complete the update installation.
What is C :\ Windows system32 Config Systemprofile?
Sometimes, you get a similar error “C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable”. If systemprofile desktop is unavailable, it means your system files have been corrupted in some way.
What is the path for Desktop in Windows 7?
C:\Users\Public\Desktop is the default path.
Is unavailable if the location?
Why do I get the Is unavailable if the location is on this PC error message? If get this error while trying to access a location on your PC, it means that the location no longer exists. This can also be an effect of you not being able to save to a certain location.
How do I fix an unavailable document?
Restoring the Documents folder is another solution you can try out.
- Exit OneDrive.
- Open File Explorer (press Windows Key + E).
- Locate the Documents folder in the left-hand pane.
- Right-click on the Documents folder.
- Then select Properties.
- Select the Location tab.
- Select the Restore Default option.
- Save the changes.
What is C :\ Windows system32 Config Systemprofile desktop?
system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop” refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again.
How do I change my location on Windows 7?
Change desktop location in Windows 7
- Open your folder (i.e c:usersyourloginid ). This can be opened by just clicking on the login name in the Start menu.
- Right click on Desktop folder.
- Select Properties.
- Click on ‘Location’ tab.
What is the Systemprofile folder?
On Windows 7 the system account’s profile folder lives in “.. \System32\config\systemprofile”. It is also redirected when accessed from a 32-bit process. This has a direct affect on packages that are run under the system account (many software distribution systems), but perform operations on the user profile.