How do you make an external BC in Siebel?
Create a DDL file from the external database from where you are going to access the data.
- Cerate a DDL file:
- Import the DDL into the Siebel tools:
- Specify Data Source:
- Create a New BC based on the newly created table:
- Create a new applet and expose the columns to the applet.
- Compile all newly created objects.
What is a business component in Siebel?
A business component defines a logical entity that organizes columns from one or more tables into a single entity. It provides a foundation that controls how Siebel CRM chooses, inserts, and updates data in underlying tables.
What is external table in Siebel?
The Table object’s Type property is set to External or External View (if a view was imported). This column denotes that the table resides outside of the Siebel database.
What is VBC in Siebel?
A virtual business component (VBC) provides a way to access data that resides in an external data source using a Siebel business component. The VBC does not map to an underlying table in the Siebel Database. You create a new VBC in Siebel Tools and compile it into the siebel. srf file.
How do you create a table in Siebel tools?
Using the New Table Wizard to Create a New Table
- In Siebel Tools, choose the File menu, and then the New Object menu item.
- On the General tab of the New Object Wizards dialog box, click Table, and then click OK.
How do I create business components in Siebel?
In Siebel Tools, choose the File menu, and then the New Object menu item. In the General tab, choose BusComp, and then click OK. In the New Business Component Wizard, choose a project, enter a name for the business component, and then click Next.
How do I add a column to a table in Siebel?
- Connect to your local development database with Siebel Tools.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Table object type.
- In the Object List Editor, select the table to which you will add an extension column or columns.
- Make sure that the table is not of type Data (Private).
- Select Column in the Object Explorer.
What is difference between VBC and EBC in Siebel?
An External Business Component (EBC) is a mechanism in Siebel EAI that provides access to relational data sources that reside in a non Siebel table or view that uses a Siebel business component. Unlike a VBC that requires a business service, an EBC can use a Siebel database connector to access data.
What is Mvf in Siebel?
A multi value field displays the child records of a parent record. If the user clicks a multivalue field, then Siebel CRM displays these child records.
How do I create a user key in Siebel table?
In Siebel Tools, user keys are defined as Integration Component Key objects, with the Key Type property set to User Key….User Key Generation Algorithm
- Select the Business Component object in the Object Explorer.
- Select a business component.
- Click the link in the Table column.
What is an applet in Siebel?
Siebel Object Types > Applet. Defines a list or form applet (or a specialized applet type such as chart applet, Web applet, tree applet, or file attachment applet) to be included in views.