How does Marie Kondo organize your house?
The KonMari Method is a methodical approach to tidying: by category, rather than by the room or location within a room. Marie Kondo encourages us to start with clothes, then books, papers and miscellaneous items, finishing with sentimental possessions. She suggests keeping only the things that ‘spark joy’.
How do I Kondo my house?
There are six basic rules to get started:
- Commit yourself to tidying up.
- Imagine your ideal lifestyle.
- Finish discarding first. Before getting rid of items, sincerely thank each item for serving its purpose.
- Tidy by category, not location.
- Follow the right order.
- Ask yourself it it sparks joy.
What is the KonMari Method of decluttering?
The KonMari Method stresses tidying everything in your home at once instead of in small steps. Kondo says decluttering your entire space in one fell swoop means you’ll be less likely to revert to your old, cluttered ways.
What is the fastest way to clean and declutter a house?
How to Declutter Fast – Quick and Easy Steps
- Toss the Trash. In every area you organize, start by tossing the obvious trash.
- Move Non-Kitchen Items Out of the Kitchen.
- Tidy Reading Material in the Living Room.
- Organize the Bathroom One Drawer at a Time.
- Let Go of Unused Items in Your Home Office.
How do Japanese organize their homes?
Using Vertical Space “Some of the philosophies the Japanese swear by are using space vertically when possible, such as stacking items,” says Kamiya. “We also use little boxes and bags to organize items, and we try to group most things, whether it’s in the kitchen, bathroom, or the closet.”
How long does it take to Marie Kondo your home?
Done properly, Kondo estimates in the book that it should take about six months, and while she allows that this might seem like a long time, really, “it is only six months out of your entire life.” (A representative from the KonMari brand has contacted Vox to say that Kondo has now revised this estimate, saying, “The …
Is Marie Kondo a professional organizer?
After months of seminars, lectures, and exams, KonMari consultants work as professional home organizers trained to help packrats discern what really “sparks joy” in their orbit.
What are Marie kondos 5 steps?
The KonMari Method in 5 Steps
- Discarding by category comes first.
- Break a category into subcategories as necessary.
- Keep only those things that spark joy.
- After you’ve finished discarding, organize your space thoroughly and completely.
- Do it all in one go.
What is Marie Kondo?
The KonMari Method™ encourages tidying by category – not by location – beginning with clothes, then moving on to books, papers, komono (miscellaneous items), and, finally, sentimental items. Keep only those things that speak to the heart, and discard items that no longer spark joy.
Can Marie Kondo come to my house?
But just because you most likely can’t get a personal visit from Marie Kondo, it doesn’t mean you’re stuck living a life filled with clutter. KonMari consultants are officially certified and trained in using the KonMari method that Marie Kondo herself created.