What are the 9 knife cuts?
This article covers 9 of the most popular knife cuts: small, medium, and large dice; mince; rough chop; batonnet; julienne; rondelle; and chiffonade. For all these cuts, you’ll need a cutting board, a damp towel, and — of course — a chef’s knife.
What are the 5 basic knife cuts?
Julienne. The julienne cut is extremely common and now is even easier with the Zyliss julienne peeler.
What are the 10 basic knife cuts?
Kitchen Language: What Are The Basic Knife Cuts?
- Baton. Thick cut chips or steak fries are cut in chunky batons about 8mm in thickness.
- Batonnet. Some common foods cut in this style are French fries and crudites or vegetable sticks for dipping.
What are the 6 knife cuts?
1 – Julienne cut or matchstick cut. Julienne cut or matchstick is a common cut that is stick-shaped and very thin.
What are 5 critical knife cuts you need to know?
A strip cut begins by cutting the food into uniform planks. Next stack the planks and cut into uniform strips….Julienne
- Fine Julienne – 1/16 inch × 1/16 inch × 2 inches.
- Julienne – 1/8 inch × 1/8 inch × 2½ inches.
- Allumette – ¼ inch × ¼ inch × 2½-3 inches.
- Battonette – ½ inch × ½ inch × 2½-3 inches.
What is an elongated slice called?
Diagonal cut. An oval or elongated slice of a cylindrical fruit or vegetable. Similar to the rondelle, except that you must hold the knife at an angle to get an oval-shaped slice.
What are the 4 basic knife skills?
The Four Basic Knife Cutting Techniques Watch Chef Blake’s video to learn the proper methods of dicing, mincing, julienne, and chiffonade.
What is Parmentier cut?
Medium dice; (Parmentier); sides measuring approximately 1⁄2 inch (13 mm)