What do you write in an employee sympathy card?
When a colleague has lost a loved one
- I heard about the loss of [your relative].
- My heart goes out to you right now.
- Sending you strength to get through this difficult time.
- My deepest sympathies for your loss.
- I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss.
- I hope you find comfort at this time of loss.
What do you write in a sympathy card for a colleague?
Simple condolence messages
- Sending heartfelt condolences.
- Sending caring thoughts your way.
- I was so saddened to hear of your loss.
- So sorry for your loss.
- Thinking of you.
- Sent with love and remembrance of your loved one.
- With my deepest condolences to you and your family.
- Celebrating the life of a great person.
What do you say to a coworker when someone dies?
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I know it’s rough; I wish I had something to say to make you feel better.
- I’m here for you.
- I wish I had the right words; just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers.
What can I say instead of condolences?
Here are some things that you can say at the funeral (or write in a sympathy card) instead of, “I’m sorry for your loss”: “I’ve been thinking about you often.”…
- “I’ve been thinking about you often.”
- “I’m so sorry you’re going through this.”
- “How can I help you?”
- “I’m here whenever you need me.”
- “I’m sorry.”
How do you end a sympathy card?
How to end a sympathy card
- With sympathy.
- Thinking of you.
- With love.
- With loving thoughts.
- Sending my deepest condolences.
How do you write a comforting message?
- “We are so sorry for your loss.”
- “I’m going to miss her, too.”
- “I hope you feel surrounded by much love.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Juan.”
- “Sharing in your sadness as you remember Dan.”
- “Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs.
- “With deepest sympathy as you remember Robert.”
How do you say sorry for your loss in a professional way?
- I am so sorry to hear of this unexpected loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
- My heart goes out to you after this sudden loss. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
- I was so saddened to hear this shocking news. My heart goes out to you at this time of grief.
- This is such a shock.
What is better than saying I’m sorry for your loss?
What to say when someone says “sorry for your loss”?
- “Thank you”
- “Thank you for coming”
- “I appreciate your kind words”
- “I’m grateful for your support”
- “Thank you for being here”
- “He would be glad to know you’re here”
- “Thank you for reaching out to me.”
- “It makes me feel less alone to know you understand.”