What is a technical white paper?
A white paper is an authoritative guide or report that explains the benefits of a particular technology, product or policy. White papers are published on the Web and in print by researchers, organization vendors and consultants.
Where can I find a white paper?
- White Paper Websites.
- Corporate White Papers.
- NGO’s – Non-Government Organizations.
What is white paper advertising?
A white paper, also written as “whitepaper”, is an informational document usually issued by a company or not-for-profit organization to promote or highlight the features of a solution, product, or service that it offers or plans to offer.
What should be included in a white paper?
White papers should identify and address a particular problem. The problem should be relevant and timely in your field. The document may focus on issues such as common dilemmas, new trends, changing techniques, industry comparison, etc.
How do you write a tech whitepaper?
How to Write a Technical White Paper
- Cover Page. The first page of your white paper is the cover page.
- Introduction/Abstract/Executive Summary.
- Product Design.
- Conclusion and Call to Action.
- Overall Format.
How Technical Should a white paper be?
A good white paper is informative and is designed to show off the advantages of a product or technology. White papers are perhaps the most challenging type of technical document to write. They require a deep understanding both of a product’s technology and of its application in solving a technical business problem.
How do you write a technical white paper?
What makes a good technical white paper?
How do you write a technical white paper template?
- Step 1: Make the White Paper Count.
- Step 2: Execute on the Strategy.
- Step 3: Put Together an Easy-to-Read Title Page.
- Step 4: Identify H1, H2, and Subsections.
- Step 5: Break Out Sections That Need to Stand Alone.
- Step 6: Use a Simple Color Palette to Bring Attention to Key Thoughts.
Are white papers difficult to write?
All in all, writing a white paper is no harder than writing a major magazine article or blog post of several thousand words. But if you’ve never done that before, it may be very difficult indeed.