What is the full meaning of missing?
1. not present; absent or lost. 2. not able to be traced and not known to be dead.
What does missing person mean?
a missing person is someone who has disappeared but is not known to be dead, and whose body has not been found. She reported him to the police as a missing person.
How do you use missing?
- I never found the missing piece.
- Cases with missing data are excluded from the report.
- My gloves have been missing for ages.
- Two files have gone missing.
- (especially British English) Our cat’s gone missing again.
- The book has two pages missing.
- The book has two missing pages,
What is the meaning of missing part?
2 adj If a part of something is missing, it has been removed or has come off, and has not been replaced.
What kind of word is missing?
Missing can be a verb or an adjective.
What have I been missing meaning?
and “to have been missing something” usually means “to notice/feel the absence of something or someone” e.g. I’m really missing my cat.
Why do people go missing?
The reasons for going missing are many and varied and can include mental illness, miscommunication, misadventure, domestic violence, and being a victim of crime. While there are inherent risks attached to any missing event, specific population groups are recognised as particularly vulnerable to harm while missing.
How can I find a missing person in India?
There are three options to find out the missing person:
- Either you could go all by yourself and search for that person.
- You go to the police and file a case.
- A missing person investigation agency solves a missing person investigation in way much lesser time than the police or you possibly could.
Is it correct to say missing?
While grammatically “correct,” the phrase “I’m missing you” is just not used. Typically, we say “I miss you,” or “I have missed you” (assuming you just reunited with that person).
What is the synonym of missing?
In this page you can discover 61 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for missing, like: yearning, absent, lost, craving, wanting, gone, omitting, hitting, losing, dropping and present.
What does lacuna mean in Latin?
Latin speakers modified lacus into lacuna and used it to mean “pit,” “cleft,” or “pool.” English speakers borrowed the term in the 17th century. It is usually pluralized as lacunae; however, lacunas is an accepted variant plural.
What is the noun of missing?
miss (noun) missing (adjective) missing link (noun)