Why is my Google email not working on my iPhone?
Make Sure IMAP Is Enabled Another reason why Gmail may not be working on your iPhone or iPad is that IMAP (the technology Gmail uses to deliver mail to your device) may be disabled in Gmail’s settings. If IMAP is turned off on Gmail.com, you won’t be able to get your email from the server.
How do I customize my Gmail on my iPhone?
Choose your inbox layout
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- At the top left, tap Menu. Settings.
- Choose your account.
- Tap Inbox type.
- Choose Default Inbox, Important first, Unread first, Starred first, or Priority Inbox.
Why is my email not refreshing on my iPhone?
You can try to adjust it when iPhone/iPad Mail not updating automatically. Follow the steps to adjust Fetch New Data. On your iPad/iPhone, go to Settings > Mail > Account > Fetch New Data to choose a setting, such as Automatically or Manually. You can also choose a schedule for how often the Mail app will fetch data.
Why are my Gmail notifications not working?
First, turn on notifications & choose your settings Tap Notifications and select a notification level. Tap Inbox notifications. Note: If you’re using Android O and above, tap Manage notifications. Under your account, make sure the switch is set to On.
How do you refresh Gmail on iPhone?
Turn on Background app refresh….Depending on your sync settings, the Gmail app will check for new mail every 1 to 30 days.
- Open the Gmail app .
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Select your account.
- Tap Sync settings. choose how many days to sync.
Why won’t my Gmail work on my phone?
Restart Your Android Phone If Gmail still is not working on your Android phone, you may need to reboot your device. Press and hold the power key until the restart option appears and tap on it.
Where do I find IMAP on iPhone?
SET UP IPHONE / IPAD IMAP FOR EMAIL
- On the iPhone, tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Complete the Name, Address (email address), Password and Description fields.
- Click Next.
- Ensure IMAP is selected.
What’s the best email app for iPhone?
The 10 best email apps for iPhone
- Mail by Apple for a no-frills email app.
- Outlook for a balance between simplicity and features.
- Gmail for integration with other Google apps.
- Triage for quick and easy inbox maintenance.
- Yahoo Mail for email management and quick finds.
- Unibox for humanizing your inbox.
Why is my Google email not updating?
Check your password: Log in to Gmail. If you get a password error, that may be why the app isn’t syncing properly. Change your Gmail password on both devices. Update the app: Downloading the latest version of the Gmail app may fix Gmail sync problems.
Why isn’t my email updating on my phone?
Ensure Automatic Email Sync Is Enabled You can check if this is why your emails aren’t syncing by enabling the auto-sync option in your email app. The app should then automatically look for new emails and let you know when a new message arrives. You can enable auto-sync from the settings menu of your email app.