How do I fix blank Control Panel?
If you load the control panel but the window is blank, apply the below fix to resolve:
- Open regedit.exe.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netprofm\Parameters.
- The existing value in the registry had been: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\netprofm.dll.
- Reboot. Recent Support Guides.
Why is my Windows feature empty?
1] See if a System Restore helps you. Else Run sfc /scannow or System File Checker to replace corrupted Windows system files. 3] Make sure the Windows Modules Installer service Startup status is set to Automatic and it is currently running. …
How do I reinstall my Control Panel?
Select the Start button, then type control panel in the search box next to the Start button on the taskbar and select Control Panel (Desktop app) from the results. Search Control Panel for Recovery, and select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
How do I get to Control Panel in Vista?
How to open the Control Panel in Windows Vista and 7
- On the Windows desktop screen, click Start.
- Click Control Panel on the right side of the Start Menu.
- You may see a window similar to the following image. You may also see the expanded version of the Control Panel, with icons for all the various utilities available.
How do I get my control panel back on Windows 7?
To open the Control Panel (Windows 7 and earlier): Click the Start button, then select Control Panel. The Control Panel will appear. Simply click a setting to adjust it. In this example, we’ll click Change desktop background to choose a new wallpaper for our desktop.
How do I restore Windows features?
Restore the Recycle Bin Go to Start > Settings > Personalization or right-click the desktop and choose Personalize. Choose Themes in the left-hand menu, scroll down, and click Desktop icon settings. Select the Recycle Bin checkbox and click OK or Apply.
How do I fix Windows features on or off?
[Fix] Turn Windows Features On Or Off is Blank in Windows 10
- Press WinKey + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type services. msc and press ENTER .
- Double-click Windows Modules Installer service.
- Set its Start type to Automatic.
- If the Windows Modules Installer service is not running, click the Start button to start it.
How do I restore my Control Panel to factory settings?
To restore your PC to an earlier point in time Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.
Why can’t I get into my Control Panel?
If the Control Panel does not open on your Windows 11/10 PC, then here are a few things you could try: Run a malware scan. Try to open Control Panel in Safe Mode. Try to open it using Explorer.
Where is Control Panel on a Mac?
A Mac’s Control Panel Is System Preferences On every new Mac, you should be able to find System Preferences in the Dock by default. It’s the gray icon that looks like a gear; click it once to launch System Preferences.
How do I open Control Panel without keyboard?
You can also launch Control Panel using the Run window. Press Windows+R to open the Run window. In the Open box, type “Control Panel” and click “OK” to open it.
Where is my Control Panel on my computer?
Click the bottom-left Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results. Way 2: Access Control Panel from the Quick Access Menu. Press Windows+X or right-tap the lower-left corner to open the Quick Access Menu, and then choose Control Panel in it.