How do you open a Winchester Safe without the combination?
Using the Override Key If you lose your combination, you can use the manual override key to override the lock mechanism. Before you try other ways of opening your Winchester gun safe, this is the first thing you should do. The override key is designed in a way that messes up with the lock mechanism to open it.
How do you reset the code on a Winchester Safe?
- Enter zero (0) six times.
- Enter your existing six (6) digit combination one time. (
- Enter your NEW six (6) digit combination. (
- Enter your new six (6) digit combination again.
- Wait approximately 10 seconds and then enter your new combination, and then rotate the handle to open the safe door.
How do you open a Winchester Safe?
Turn the dial clockwise (right) until you feel the dial tighten slightly. Using fingertip pressure only, continue turning the dial until it stops. The lock is now open. Rotate the safe handle clockwise (turn left) and retract the bolt work and open the door.
What is the default code for a Winchester gun safe?
Enter the factory pre-set code of: 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 and open the door. IMPORTANT !! The following must be done with the door in the open position with your locking bolts extended.
How do you open a gun safe when you forgot the combination?
Opening a Safe Without the Combination
- First you must find the safe’s emergency key.
- Remove the panel that covers your safe’s dial.
- Once you have removed the dial panel, take a look beneath the dial itself.
- Insert the emergency key into the emergency keyhole and turn it until the safe opens.
What happens if you put the wrong code in a Winchester Safe?
No, you will not lose your combination. The combination is retained in the lock even after power is lost. Simply install a new battery and operate the lock in a normal manner. We highly recommend the use of only a 9-volt ALKALINE ENERGIZER® or DURACELL® battery.
Can a locksmith open a gun safe?
Locksmiths can open safes when the safe combination has stopped working, the combination has been lost, the safe dial / keypad has failed, or linkage in the door has broken. Locksmiths will use replacement parts, dial manipulation, or drill points in order to gain access to a safe.