What has been the worst injury in the NFL?
1. Joe Theismann (1985) This play needs no introduction. On Monday Night Football in 1985, Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was hit by legendary New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor and suffered one of the most gruesome injuries ever witnessed on live television in any sport.
What was the worst career ending injury?
Reggie Brown The most dangerous injury in our list of worst career-ending injuries is that of Reggie Brown. He wasn’t a known player in the NFL circuit but his injury got him famous. In the last game of the 1997 season, Brown assisted on a tackle against an opponent and didn’t get up for 17 minutes.
Who got the worst injury in football?
Top 10 Worst Injuries In Football Of All Time
- Kerion Dyer.
- Francesco Totti.
- Djibril Cisse.
- Luc Nilis.
- Eduardo da Silva.
- Petr Cech. Reading vs Chelsea, 14th October 2006.
- Patrick Battiston. France vs West Germany, 8th July 1982.
- David Busst. Manchester United vs Coventry City, 8th April 1996.
What sport has worst injury?
Some of the worst injuries include a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), concussion, hamstring injury, fracture and patellar tendon tear. ACL injuries are prevalent in all sports; however, basketball, soccer and football are the leading sports that can expose you to ACL injuries.
What athletes have had career ending injuries?
Superstar Athletes Whose Careers Were Ruined By Injuries
- Gale Sayers — NFL Running Back (1965-1971)
- Bobby Orr — NHL Defenseman (1966-1978)
- Bo Jackson — NFL Running Back (1987-1990) / MLB Outfielder (1986-1994)
- Yao Ming — NBA Center (2002-2011)
- Earl Campbell — NFL Running Back (1978-1985)
Is a broken ankle a career ending injury?
Some common dance career ending injuries are: Foot and ankle injuries: Achilles tendonitis, trigger toe and ankle impingement. Knee injuries: patellofemoral pain syndrome. Stress fractures: metatarsals, tibia, sesamoids and lumbar spine. Dancers are known to develop arthritis in the knee, hip, ankle and foot.