What is microwave oven block diagram?
The block diagram of a microwave oven is given in Fig. Power will be applied to the mains transformer only when the oven door is closed. At least one interlock switch is in series with the transformer primary, hence even a spot of dirt in the relay or trial, cannot turn the oven on when the door is open.
What are the parts of a microwave oven?
Microwave Oven Components and their functions
- Transformer. Microwaves require a high voltage of power to adequately capacity and cook food.
- The Magnetron.
- A waveguide.
- Cooling fan.
- Cooking Case.
- The rotating disc/ Turntable.
- Control Panel/Inspection Window.
What is the working principle of microwave oven?
Microwaves are produced inside the oven by an electron tube called a magnetron. The microwaves are reflected within the metal interior of the oven where they are absorbed by food. Microwaves cause water molecules in food to vibrate, producing heat that cooks the food.
How do you fix a microwave oven?
How to Repair a Microwave Oven
- Step 1: Unplug Power and Remove Moving Parts.
- Step 2: Open the Back Cover.
- Step 3: Check the Fuse First.
- Step 4: Inspect Door Switches.
- Step 5: See Inside of the Switch.
- Step 6: Buy a Replacement Part.
- Step 7: Install the New Switch.
- Step 8: About Discharge Capacitor.
How is a microwave constructed?
Microwaves are basically extremely high frequency radio waves, and are made by various types of transmitter. In a mobile phone, they’re made by a transmitter chip and an antenna, in a microwave oven they’re made by a “magnetron”. Their wavelength is usually a couple of centimetres.
How does a microwave use embedded systems?
It is designed to take directions from the keypad and turn them into commands. If, for instance, you program a microwave oven to operate on high for two minutes, the embedded system triggers the high voltage transformer to operate on full blast for two minutes.
What are the 3 components of a microwave?
An industrial microwave is made up of three basic components. A generator or transmitter, waveguide and an applicator.
What are the three main components of a microwave?
A microwave oven consists of:
- a high-voltage power source, commonly a simple transformer or an electronic power converter, which passes energy to the magnetron.
- a high-voltage capacitor connected to the magnetron, transformer and via a diode to the chassis.